Chana’s Favorite Recipes: Mango and Watermelon Salad
115 calories per serving • 28g carbs • 1g fat • 2g protein
This is a wonderful summer salad that is great served as a side with just about anything that is grilled.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 large (or 3 small) ripe, slightly soft mangos, peeled, pitted and cut in large dice
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cut in large dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup watercress, washed and dried
1 To Prepare the Salad:
2 In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the mango, watermelon, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes.
3 To Prepare the Dressing:
4 In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt.
5 To Serve:
6 Drizzle dressing over the mango mixture and toss with cilantro and watercress.
7 Serving Suggestion: Remove watercress and pair with grilled chicken or fish.
Source: © 2008 National Mango Board