Recipe of the week: Mexican Mango Chicken
248 calories per serving
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Pounded Thin
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke/Smoked Paprika
- 2-4 Alphonso Mangos
1. Slice the mangos lengthwise along the pit, ending with at least six strips (you should be able to get four per mango).
2. In a large bowl, mix the oil, lime juice, basil, and liquid smoke/paprika.
3. Place the mango slices and pit in the marinade for 15 minutes. Remove the mango slices but leave the pit to continue to flavor the marinade.
4. Refrigerate the slices.
5. Place the chicken in the marinade for 1-4 hours.
6. Grill the chicken, then the mangos.
7. Lay the mangos across the chicken and gently roll up, placing seam side down. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
Alternative presentation: Cube mango and chicken and skewer with grilled purple onions and cherry tomatoes.