Not sure what to do with all your leftover turkey? Try baking up some croquettes!
- 12 oz cooked turkey breast, chopped fine (a food processor or chopper is great for this)
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp)
In a large bowl, mash potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Saute garlic, and onions in oil on low heat. Add parsley, salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add turkey, and remaining broth, mix well and shut heat off.
Add turkey to mashed potatoes and using your clean hands mix well. Taste for salt and adjust if needed.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Measure 1/4 cup of mixture then form into croquettes. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Dip each croquette in egg wash, then breadcrumbs and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet for easy cleanup. Spray generously with olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth). Bake in the oven about 15 minutes, or until golden.