Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
My wife made this recipe and it was very good and filling too.
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 potato • Calories: 307 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 53 g • Fiber: 10.5 g • Protein: 15 g • Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 312 mg (without salt)
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt (or light sour cream)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp olive or canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- a pinch of salt
- 1-1/3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mild or spicy salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro
Poke holes in the potato with a fork, cook on your microwave’s potato setting until potatoes are soft and cooked through (about 8-10 minutes on high for 4 potatoes). If you don’t have a microwave, bake about 45 minutes at 400°F.
Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a small bowl, mix well.
Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt; cook until the onions have caramelized slightly, about 5 minutes. Add black beans, stir to combine and heat through (about another 5 minutes).
Slice the potato lengthwise down the middle , use a fork to pierce the top in an oval shape, then remove the top of each potato. Top with 2 tbsp shredded cheese, 1/3 cup of black bean mixture, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt mixture and 2 tbsp salsa of salsa. Enjoy!