Fiesta Bean Salad
Servings: 4 – Size: little over 1 cup – Calories: 335 – Fat: 11.5 g – Carb: 47 g – Fiber: 15.5 g – Protein: 14 g – Sugar: 0.4 g – Sodium: 481.6 mg
Beans and avocado are a great way to get protein and healthy fats. This will create a greater level of satiety than carb heavy foods so you won’t need to snack as much. Choosing the right foods is an important way to keep your daily calorie counts down.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well. When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.