The key to calorie control and dieting is choices. You have to choose foods that will make you feel full and energized instead of leaving you lethargic and hungry an hour after you put the fork down. I think these types of recipes that create salads with using rice, beans, quinoa, or other grains or legumes are a great way to keep the calorie counts down while not leaving the tank empty. An empty tank leads to snacking which is the death of any diet. This one comes from my wife and my favorite recipe website skinnytaste.com. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and heated
- 3/4 cup cooked corn (I used Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted frozen Corn), heated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large scallion, diced fine
- 2-4 tbsp chopped cilantro (to your liking)
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine hot rice, heated corn, heated beans, tomato, scallion, cilantro, lime juice and salt if needed. Toss and serve.