BBQ Grilled Chicken Salad
I have been on a quest recently to change my diet in a way that decreases my carbohydrate intake and increases my protein intake (Check out my posts on low carb diets to see why: More Evidence for Lower Carbs; Maybe a Calorie Isn’t Just a Calorie; Pro Protein). One of the ways I have done this is by changing my lunch to include a salad with a good source of lean protein (tuna or chicken). This endeavor has been successful thanks to my long suffering saintly wife who makes my lunch for me. Much love to her for that. For the rest of you, here’s a great way to pack a high protein low carb lunch. You can grill the chicken for the week on Sunday and save yourself a bunch of time. I found this recipeon allrecipes.com Enjoy!
- 168 calories
- 23.6g carbs
- 2.2g fat
- 14.7 g protein
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Grill chicken 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cube.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion, and corn.
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbeque sauce and mayonnaise. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Stir, and chill until ready to serve.