It’s that time of year where the days are long, the nights are humid, and the mosquitos are militant. It’s also the time of year when people are out in the yard firing up the grills. Unfortunately, typical BBQ fare is not always the most diet friendly. Have you seen the nutrition facts on a hot dog with a bun? Its not pretty. And who only has one? For this reason, I found us a recipe that can satisfy our innate American need to cook meat on fire wihtout satisfying our American tendency to be morbidly obese. Happy grilling
Per serving: Calories: 256 Carbs: 29.6g Protein: 25.6g Fat: 3.2g
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed\
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread the chicken, green bell pepper, onion, and red bell pepper pieces onto skewers alternately.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place kabobs on the prepared grill, and brush with barbeque sauce. Cook, turning and brushing with barbeque sauce frequently, for 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Leave a Reply