Fall is upon us and this means my wife is looking for recipes with her favorite potato, that being the sweet kind. She found this recipe and has been cooking it up regularly so I can attest to its yumminess. It’s a good healthy option as well. This one comes from pinchofyum.com.
Sesame oil is a great way to spice up your dishces. You don’t need much of it to give your food a really strong, really nutty richness and, uhh, sesame, flavor. Sesame oil tastes the best when just a few drops or drizzles are added to something that’s already cooked.
So with all these new sesame oil feelings, Sesame Roasted Sweet Potatoes came into being. Tossed with regular cooking oil and chili before roasting and drizzled with that luscious sesame oil at the end. And tahini, because it’s creamy and really unique tasting and perfect with sweet potatoes. Add flecks of sesame seeds and cilantro, because pretty food tastes better.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper for spiciness
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes with the vegetable oil, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring gently every 5-10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees and roast for another 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are turning golden brown. Continue to stir the sweet potato pieces as needed to prevent over-browning. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- On a separate platter or directly on the baking sheet, drizzle the sweet potatoes with the sesame oil and tahini. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add a handful of cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply